Historic Castle overlooking Lake Trasimeno
The Castle of Montegualandro lies on top of a hill overlooking Lake Trasimeno, on the Tuscany – Umbria border. It is surrounded by pine and oak woods, cypress trees and olive groves. This location, besides being extremely panoramic, with a full view of the lake and of the adjoining Valdichiana, makes it an ideal starting point for touring both Umbria and Tuscany.
The castle’s various buildings have been lovingly restored using old building materials and techniques, thus leaving intact its ancient looks and atmosphere.
complex consists of five buildings:
1) The main building consists of:
– On the ground floor: large room (120 square meters), Flat protection (80 sqm ) , cantina (130 sqm), utility room (80 sqm) and 2 bathrooms for guests ;
– On the second and third floors: Apartment Owner (170 sq.m.);
– On the fourth floor of the library ( 130 sq.m. );
– On the heels of the floor where the room is not complete restoration , it is possible to make another 5 rooms (300 square meters).
2) Guest House divided into 4 apartments with private entrances, bathrooms and fireplaces. There is a utility room, laundry room. Also in this building is located in a completely renovated room with antique wood-burning stove (360 sq.m.).
3) Karetnaya workshop (garage for 6 cars).
4) Church of St. Nicholas (1230).
5) Old Prison (North Tower).
Along the perimeter of the circumferential wall are 4 towers.
The total living area – 1800 sqm, courtyard garden – 1500 sq.m.
There is a place equipped for landing helicopters .
– New electrical wiring;
– Heating and hot water – GPL (propane gas);
– Water supply – a well depth of 100 meters with pump and cleaning filters;
– Sewage – a three-level cleaning system displays purified water on one of the fields included in the property.
Land ownership – 13 hectares.